Friday, January 9, 2009

Evan's First Day of Preschool

The rocket back-pack is ready for takeoff.

Pouty face because he wasn't so sure about this whole thing.

Still a little pouty.

Maybe Daisy will be sympathetic?

"Is it this way, Mommy?"

Sporting the backpack.

King of the hall.

"My hands got a little bit orange, Mommy."

Having an after-school snack.

Telling Daddy all about his first day.


I was excited to find a one day a week "Tot Time" class for 2.5 year olds nearby, and today was Evan's first day of class. He had a small melt-down when I tried to get him dressed, but after that seemed to slowly warm up to the idea.

We got to the school, and waited outside the classroom. Evan noticed a little girl with a pink backpack on wheels, and thought it was funny that it wasn't on her back. Then he went up to her and said "Hi- My name Evan, What your name?" My little social butterfly.

When the classroom door opened, he ran in and went straight for the toys. I had to call him back over so I could take off his coat and backpack and show him his cubby- complete with orange name-tag. Then I gave him a hug, and with only one small tear- he went back to playing.

Now I had two hours of free time. Well, Evan free time at least. Wes fell asleep on the carride home, and I got more accomplished in that time than I have in weeks. Then I drove back to pick Evan up.

When the door opened and Evan saw me, he at first was a little sheepish- then he ran over and gave me a hug and told me he had fun. Then he wanted to go home- he doesn't waste time that one!

Thanks to the note in his backpack- I learned that today's lesson was all about birthdays. Thanks to Evan I learned that he played with balls, used glue and got to play with "Mater". Thank goodness for the note!

I think we are both looking forward to next week. I can't believe my baby is in school. Where did the time go??

4 comments:

Jaidean said...

How cute! Glad he had a good time. I'm with you on the notes from school. Teagun tells me e.v.e.r.y.d.a.y that "All I did was played and learneded!" (notice the double "ed" ending). lol...

Jonathan's Mommy said...

I love that backpack! I'm happy he liked school and that you had some time to get things done!

kendra said...

Even is SO cute! I love his curls! That is so nice you will have a little time to your self - at least if you can time nap time right! What a super cute kid. And I love the pictures of Wes. He is getting so big. Does he look different than Evan did? I don't remember Evan looking like that.

Kerri said...

Wow how big Evan looks! and Wes is so cute! When you say new house ...did you guys move to a new place? You look great! loved your card...I'm slow but there coming!