Good Day

Today was a really good day. It feels so nice to type that, because lately I haven't really been having many. I hate the cold, grey winter. I miss my friends from Iowa, and my family in Colorado. I miss seeing my husband, whose residency is far more time intensive than we thought it would be. I feel like I spend most of my day trying to soothe, prevent or ignore crying. But not today. Like I said, today was a good day.
We started our morning with snuggles in bed. Chris didn't have to be in until 9, and Evan loves when he gets to play with Daddy in the morning. Then Evan, Wes and I went to a Pajama Party playgroup. It was awesome not to have to get anyone dressed but myself (I admit I was tempted to just go in my pajamas, too.)! Evan had a blast playing with all the other kids, and I enjoyed some much needed grown-up talk.
After lunch, Evan played with his trains and then went down for his nap easily. Wes slept on my lap while I indulged in bad reality television. Then Chris came home early, and he and Evan went outside to build a snowman. Evan has been dying to build one, and even came in to ask for a carrot for his nose- an idea he came up with all on his own. After snowman building, we all came inside to warm up with some hot chocolate. It was perfect. It felt so nice to all be together doing something so fun.
It reminds me that it is really the simple things that make me happy, and that make the best memories. It is in my nature to always be planning for the next step, to always look at the big picture. To always want more. But sometimes, days like this remind me to just pause and enjoy right now. My baby will never be this small again. Evan won't always be this cute toddler. Someday, I will want this back. So I should enjoy it while I can. 




3 comments:
Good reminder! Fabulous pictures!
Love the pictures and Evan's coat! I'm glad you had a good day and hope more are on the way!
I get that way too, always planning... Maybe that's because someone has too! I'm glad you had a good day, and hope that I too can take the time to enjoy the little things!
Post a Comment