Wednesday, January 3, 2007

New Year, New Resolution

I can't believe it is 2007. I seriously feel like just yesterday I was going in for my ultrasound to find out if we were having a boy or a girl. Of course, it was a boy, and here I am a year later with a 7 month old baby!

I have a few resolutions this year. The first is to work on my photography. Chris got me a Nikon D40 and a 18-200mm lens for Christmas, and my goal is to really learn how to take advantage of the camera so I can capture our life in pictures.

My second resolution is to try to blog on here at least once a week, hopefully more. When you have a baby, life seems to fly by. Hopefully this will help me to at least press pause for a few moments!

Speaking of moments I would like to pause, this picture really captures Evan right now.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

He is so curious. You should have seen him trying to eat the light. Sometimes he would look up at the ceiling and the see the little beam of light up there, and you could just see the gears turning as he realized he was controlling it.

I hope that his life continues to be filled with little discoveries and everyday wonder like this. And I hope he knows that he brings light to my life, even when the flashlight is off.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Andrea! I was just catching up on the nest and saw your blog address. I love blogs- I read a ton of them. I will have to add yours to my blogroll. I have a blog- I really just wanted a place to put my birth story (which I still need to finish)- I am planning to post more in 2007 too :)