Thursday, January 4, 2007

The Price of Perfection

I admit it- I am a perfectionist to a fault. I am very detail oriented, and I get a vision in my head of how I want something to be, and I am often disappointed when reality falls short of my expectations.

Lately though, I have noticed that my perfectionist nature has been holding me back. I am afraid to even start something if I think it won't end up perfectly. For instance, I look at pictures that really great photographers have taken, and then instead of picking up my camera and giving it my all, I just think of how I will never be that good, so why bother.

Last night sitting at the computer admiring photos other people have taken of their kids, it hit me that I need to get over myself. The only person holding me back is me. So today I am deciding to take the plunge. I am going to stop worrying about living up to my unrealistic expectations and just start living. After all, Evan is the most perfect thing I have ever done, even if my pictures of him aren't!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so right! Plus, all Evan's are perfect :)

Jaidean said...

I know exactly what you mean!