Sunday, January 7, 2007

The Wee Hours

It is probably my fault. I am a total night owl, and Evan seems to be following in my footsteps. It is a rare night that we go to sleep before 10, and it is usually later than that. I don't mind though. As we sit in bed as a family reading Evan's goodnight story and listening to his happy babbling, I feel so content.

To Evan, everything that is important to him is right there in that bed. His family, his food, his warmth. One night it occurred to me that everything important to me was right there in that bed, too. No matter how hectic our lives get, for that small sliver of time each day when we crawl into our bed- time stops. The wee hours of the night swallow you up and wrap you in the warm sense of comfort that comes from being close to the ones you love.



I will leave you with the end line of Evan's bedtime story- "The moon is high, the sea is deep. They rock, and rock and rock to sleep."

1 comment:

sarah said...

I *heart* this entry. I want to go upstairs, wake up Ethan and read him a story. LOL

Well, maybe tomorrow night...