Monday, April 23, 2007

Going to the Chapel...








We took a mini-vacation to Wichita this weekend for Chris' cousin Joe's wedding. Now, I am not going to lie and say that an 8 hour drive (16 total) with an 11 month old is fun, but Evan actually did a pretty good job. I only ended up in the back seat with him twice!

The wedding was gorgeous, and we had a great time catching up with family from Chris' mom's side. She has 10 siblings, so as you can imagine, there are TONS of people to chat with! We enjoyed showing off Evan, and I hope they enjoyed meeting him.

My father-in-law also let me try out his 50mm 1.8 lens, and I had an awesome time! It doesn't auto-focus on my camera, so the pictures aren't quite as sharp as I would have liked, but I still was pleased with the results! Thanks for letting me play, Stan!

I also wanted to share this picture, our gift to the bride and groom. It is one of my favorite wedding gifts to do. I buy a bottle of champagne, a bottle of white wine, and a bottle of red, and then label them 1, 5, and 10. The idea is that they are saved to be enjoyed on the couple's 1st, 5th and 10th wedding anniversary! Simple to do, and I think it looks very elegant. Perfect combo of practical and sentimental, if you ask me!

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

These pictures of Evan are very cute. I LOVE the outfit. I have a D50 and have the hardest time getting that lens to focus like I want it to even using the auto focus.

And the wedding idea is such a great idea!!! I might have to steal that one :-)

Denise said...

Cool wedding gift idea! My husband sometimes gives a nice bottle of port when someone we know has a baby and they can enjoy it in 18 or so years. Nice babyGap outfit. Of course I recognized it!!

Janice said...

I love all the pictures!!! Beautiful! Ava has the romper version of Evan's outfit - too bad we couldn't get a picture of the two of them together in their GAP outfits.

And thanks for sharing the gift idea!

Wendy said...

I think Evan is adorable in those pics. They look pretty darn good to me!! Always fun to play with new stuff on the camera! :) Great gift idea! Thank you for sharing!!

Jonathan's Mommy said...

Thanks for the nice comment on my blog! It's always nice to find new blogs to read and yours is really cool! Evan is ADORABLE!! And how crafty are you with that wine idea? I will definitely have to try it!