I have been tagged by Janice to post this Birthday Meme. You go to Wikepedia (which is such a great site to find anything and everything), and type in your birth date (minus the year), and see the events of the day you were born.
Here is mine, August 14th:
3 Events That Occurred That Day:
1908 - First beauty contest held in Folkestone, England.
1935 - United States Social Security Act passes, creating a government pension system for the retired.
1945 - Japan accepts the Allied terms of surrender in World War II and the Emperor records the Imperial Rescript on Surrender (August 15 in Japan standard time).
2 Important Birthdays
1851 - Doc Holliday, American gambler (d. 1887) (I'm your huckleberry!)
1945 - Steve Martin, American comedian
1 Death
1951 - William Randolph Hearst, American newspaper magnate (b. 1863) .
Holiday or Observance
United States - National Creamsicles Day
United States - National Code talkers Day
Tag 5 bloggers: Okay, if you are up for it, I tag Sandra, Keri, Denise,Wendy, and Brianne. You don't have to do it, but if you have nothing else to post you can do this one- it was pretty interesting for me! You can post a baby picture of yourself, as well!
Here is me at 9 months old, I was almost as cute as Evan!
Monday, April 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Love the pic! You guys sorta look alike!! Anyways, wanted to let you know I did the birthday meme last week. I just deleted it yesterday (accidentally believe it or not). I will put up some old pics though! Think if me for next time! It is always nice getting tagged, and not having to think about what to write!!
Now I know where Even gets his cuteness from!!! I love the holidays/observance on your birthday!!! I will think of you on August 14th as I eat a creamsicle and talk in codes....;-)
Post a Comment