Pool Party!
Yesterday I set up the little pool out on the deck for Evan to splash around in. He had a great time, and seemed thrilled to get to play with his bath toys outside. He was also excited to be naked! I practically had to wrestle the diaper back on him when we were done.
He kept crawling in and out of the pool, and at one point, I noticed he was lying on the ground on his tummy. And he was being very still. This seemed strange, and then I heard a trickle on the porch below. When I picked Evan up, I realised he had peed on the deck. At least it wasn't in the pool!
He also got his first splinter yesterday. It was in the heel of his foot, and Chris masterfully extracted it- not an easy task when Evan is kicking and screaming and crying and generally making you feel like a monster for even touching him. But all seems to be forgotten now, and he is now initiated into little boy world- that of splinters, bumps and bruises, eating mud and playing with bugs!
I know this summer will be filled with new adventures and rights of passage for my little guy. He is starting to look more and more like a little boy every day. As we count down the days to his first birthday, this thought makes me simultaneously happy and sad. When he was first born, I remember thinking that this day would never come, and now that it has, I can't believe it came so fast. It is a good reminder to cherish every moment- they slip away before you know it.
9 comments:
The time continues to fly by, unfortunately, so you just have to try to appreciate every day!
I am so happy to see someone else try the whole nakey-outdoors thing! We may do it again this afternoon!!
I just wanna say, I love your page and that you have so many connections with other Mommies doing similar things. I can't wait 'til the day i have a family of my own, but until then i appreciate you sharing the touching moments of yours. :) Take care!
YOu are so right. We all have to cherish everysingle moment. I look at Cameron and definitely see him as a little boy now instead of my chubby baby. I am starting to get a little sad especially now that Ava will be one in less than two weeks! Beautiful pictures, BTW! You always capture such great moments!!!
you are too cute!! oh how i wish we lived near each other and could have the boys play all the time!! jackson hasn't really been sick like this before either - i dont know who was more sad - me or him!!! but im happy to report hes feeling better - thank goodness!! I love the pool pictures -- jackson stood up in the bath tonight and decided to pee ... and he apparently thought that was the funniest thing in the world becuase he just cracked up laughing! haha... anyways - keep those little Evan pictures coming -- he is cute enough to want to eat up!!!!!
:)
So cute! You are so right - it does go by way too fast! I can't believe Teagun is already 2 years old. It is so fun and rewarding though too!
Cute pictures, I agree with you 100%, I have to sit back and remind myself to just enjoy the moments sometimes. They will be gone before we know it.
Hi, Andrea! Thanks for dropping in on my blog! I'm really enjoying meeting everyone! I love your pics, by the way. You are an awesome photographer!
Andrea, I can relate to your sentiments. I never knew how it could be possible to be both happy and sad at the same time. Now I find myself that way much of the time.
LOVE the pictures and your little boy taking care of business right then and there! Yes, your boy is getting quite big. He is just so cute. I know that I say that every time I comment, but who cares - I'm right! Sincerely, Denise (Jon David's mommy). :)
Post a Comment