Run-Down
I feel like I have really been neglecting my blog lately. Evan has been keeping me so busy! The weather has been great, so we have been going on daily walks, almost daily trips to the pool, and really just enjoying summer! I thought I would give you a quick run-down of some cute Evan moments from the last week:
- Evan was enamored with a 6 month old baby girl sitting in her carseat. she was covered with a blanket, which he enthusiastically ripped off. He then proceeded to climb on the carseat to giver her a hug and an open mouth kiss on the cheek. I think the baby's mom might have been a little annoyed with us, but who am I to stand in the way of love?
- Evan wants to dance and listen to music all the time. If there isn't' any music on, he crawls over to the radio, bangs on the table it is on, and bounces impatiently until I turn it on. A favorite song is "Johnny B Good".
- One time when we were at the pool, Evan was obsessed with a big beach ball another little kid had. He spent the entire time looking at it. So the next time we went, I brought him his own ball. He promptly tossed it aside and went after all the other kids' toys instead. I give up!
- When Evan wakes up in the morning, he likes to lift up the covers and then give me a raspberry on my stomach. I guess this is my new alarm system- who needs a clock?
- We went to a local ice cream place. I ordered mint-chip and Chris got cappuccino. We gave Evan a taste of both, and he hands down liked the cappuccino best. 1 going on 21 I guess. What a trendy boy!
- Evan loves storing things in the seat of his ride-on train. Last time I opened it up he has stashed a wrapped bar of soap, a spoon, and some sunscreen. I wonder what he's preparing for?
- Chris got to take Friday afternoon off, and this is how I found my boys- I had to snap fast and then get out since they started to stir, but it was just the sweetest moment!

And how could I forget- We are going to Hawaii! We used our frequent flier miles to get tickets to Kauai for a week in July. I am so excited! Chris has had a long school year, and this is just the break we need to refresh ourselves. I can't wait to see Evan being a little beach bum!
10 comments:
I was just about to bug you and make sure you are okay. Too long no blog makes me worry! :) LOVE the sweet picture with Daddy and the little super cute Evan moments. He is a little lover boy, huh? CONGRATS on Hawaii!!!!! We were in Honolulu in January and thought it was so beautiful and the people incredibly friendly! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!
Girl, about the flight to Hawaii - don't I know the DREAD you feel. Well, maybe you are just worried but we were 100% full of woe and dread. You'd think we were going to some awful place as bummed as we got ourselves. And I was newly pregnant and sick and miserable. So, the flight was absolutely something I wanted to fast-forward and avoid at all costs. We called our Ped who said we could give Jon David Benadryl but try it out before the trip to be sure everything goes okay. For us, it had no effect. He slept twice for 30 minutes each going there. He's not a great car sleeper so this did not surprise me. It was ESSENTIAL for him to have his own seat (and lots of treats and new small toys, he also loved the airplane earphones you can buy). Coming back, it was a red-eye and he slept most of the time and when he did not, he watched a movie with Daddy on a portable DVD player we borrowed. We had the worst seat for the LONG flight from HA to Atlanta - last row (no reclining) and next to the bathrooms (on each side). UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Try real hard to avoid that - maybe even get your seats ahead of time. Aloha!!
The trip to Hawaii sounds like so much fun - I'm jealous!!
And thanks for the updates on Evan. I always enjoy reading all exciting things that Evan us up to. Sounds like you're enjoying this age...it's good to hear since we're getting there ourselves!
Love this picture and the one on the last post!! Great job!! They are both just beautiful!! I am glad you are having fun at the pool, and trying to stay cool!!
Hawaii? That will be so much fun! You have to take a TON of pictures.
Love the little stories about Evan. And the picture of your two boys, so sweet.
I'm happy you're back--I actually wondered if you were on vacation this week!
LOVE the picture--there is nothing sweeter than seeing a son snuggled with his daddy! I love the Evan stories, too! Isn't it funny how they have such strong preferences contained in such small bodies??
Yay! I wondered where you were! Glad to hear from you! I am expecting some pictures from your trip!!! I am so jealous! John and I always talk about going to Hawaii and maybe someday we'll venture on over there. But I am so excited for you three!!!!! You guys definitely deserve it with all the hard work you do!!! Evan is going to love the beach!
Aw, that picture is so cute. I love napping with Chloe.I so am jelous of your trip...I can't wait to see some of the beautiful pictures I am sure you will take :)
Such a cute picture. Hawaii, how exciting! I know you will have a blast and I am already looking forward to the pictures!
holy moly hawaii is so exciting!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment