To Market
Evan loves to share. Lint, anyone?

Evan thinks you are funny.
Evan has really been showing off for the camera lately- look at all those facial expressions! He also has been reaching some new milestones. He has been signing for "more", and the other night at dinner kept signing for more until we brought him the thing he actually wanted more of! (It was the yogurt sauce we put on our gyros!)
Much to Chris' delight, Evan has also learned how to give high fives, and if you don't offer your hand up to him, he is likely to grab it and move it into "high five" position for you. He also has finally started to clap, a skill that according to most books, he should have mastered months ago. Apparently we just weren't exciting enough to clap for until now.
Another "skill" that I particularly enjoy is that Evan now gives me a big old kiss when I tell him I love him. I know all of my fellow mommies understand how rewarding this is!
He still isn't walking, but he has been standing up all on his own. The first time I saw him stand up in the middle of the floor, with nothing around him to hold on to, I did a double take. It was so exciting and so strange to see. Sort of like when he first started to sit up on his own.
In other news, Chris' last day of school was on Friday, and he now gets to enjoy 5 days off before starting his internship. I know Evan and I will both enjoy getting more time with him over the next few days. We are also all getting excited for my sister to visit, she'll be coming to town on the 4th. Then we will all be going to Wisconsin to celebrate my grandparents' 50th wedding anniversary.
I hope all my blogging friends are doing well. Hopefully I will have time sometime soon to write something more deep and thought provoking, but for now, I hope news of Evan will tide you over!


7 comments:
Oh, Evan Almighty! ;) Have you heard that a million times already??? LOVE the pix. Aren't the baby kisses the best? He has such a great smile and sweetness about him! Enjoy this time with Daddy and your sister.
Oh kisses are so sweet and special, they melt our hearts completely. Evan has such a lovely smile when he giggles, makes me smile with him. Enjoy your family and trip to Wisconsin.
Marielle is doing the phone thing too, they would have so much fun together! What a model!
Kisses are definitely one of the best milestones! And walking is pretty cool, too--sounds like it's just around the corner for you guys!
The new pictures are super cute! I especially like the one with the phone--the phone is still one of Jonathan's favorite toys.
Gotta love those kisses!! Looks like you are going to have a great time these next few days. Thanks for sharing some Evan updates with us! It won't be long before he starts walking now!
BTW, TAG! You're It!! (See my blog)
Adorable pics! Such fun stuff ahppening. That walking thing will come when he's ready! Fun stuff for now, kisses, clapping and high fives! Yippeee!
He just continues to get cuter and cuter! Love all the facial expressions!!!
Post a Comment