Little Moments
They just keep slipping away. All these little moments that I make mental notes to come here and write about. And then life happens, and I don't end up getting to record the moments until well after I want to.
I guess it is nothing earth shaking I am not getting to write about- but I have a feeling that they are the type of things I will want to remember. Like today at the library when Evan got very mad at me because a window is not a door, and we had to go around the building to get to the playground instead of going straight through the little window like Evan wanted to.
Or how my baby, who has up until this point hated shoes with a passion, now has decided he loves his shoes. If I don't put them on him, he finds them, carries them over to me, and signs "more" until I put them on. He even likes to wear them with his pajamas.
He is walking so much now, and last week I let him walk through the mall. He found all sorts of things to look at that I never would have thought would be interesting. He also made a bee-line in to BabyGap and started to pull things off the shelf. He is my son afterall!
He has curiously started calling dogs "dada". Chris does not know whether to be flattered or insulted. I know Evan knows the correct word, so I am left wondering if this is his idea of a joke, or if he has just had a verbal relapse of some sort.
On Saturday we had another picture perfect day, literally. We started the day getting our family potraits taken. We then drove to Kalona and ate a wonderful little resteraunt that had the most delicious soup I have ever had. Evan sat in a booster seat, ate feta cheese and bread, and insisted that we dip his bread in the soup before he would eat it.
On our way home, we stopped at my favorite antique store, Sister's Garden, and Chris and Evan played in the yard while I looked around. They had some items set up outside, and Evan wandered over. One of the things was a large basket of fake fruit, and Evan grabbed them and sweetly began to distrubute them to the other shoppers. My boy is so generous.
Later that day we went downtown and let Evan run around at the park. There is a little coffee shop near the park, and Evan wandered over to it and signed "more" to go inside. The then walked straight to the display case, pointed at the cookies, and signed more. I told him I had no money, we would have to go ask dad, and he walked straight to the door so he could go find Chris. He luckily got distracted by the fountain that kids can play in, so instead of getting cookies, he just got soaked. He has no fear and ran right in to the jets of water!
I love bedtime, when my sweet boy gives me hugs and kisses and makes me feel so loved. He continues to love his dogs, and hug them roughly. He loves books, balls and of course, spoons.
Each day he amazes. Each day he does new cute, funny wonderful things that I think "I have to write that down." And each day passes and find myself hitting the pillow without typing a word. I am going to work on that. I vow not to let these moments slip away anymore. 
10 comments:
Those family pictures are amazing! I love reading about Evan's every day accomplishments and would love to read more so blog away!
Aren't kids just the best!!! Soo much fun!
Awww, I loved reading all this. They are just amazing aren't they!
i love your little moments!! what a treasure! the family pics are great vtoo!
Love your posts. You always have the right thing to say. Your family pics turned out great! I am sur eyou are very excited to get them! Which ones are you picking, or all you doing all?
Well, I have no idea where my kids came from because they start screaming within seconds as soon as I walk inside our Baby Gap.
I love your family pictures! Evan's outfit is the best!! Oh, and I am cracked up when you said Evan calls dogs, "dada"!!
These are some really nice moments you never forget now. Isn't this age so fun and entertaining?
Your family photos are so nice. What a good looking family!
I love that Evan "ran right into the jets of water." No fear, that is always a scary one.
Keep blogging away, I always love to read what you write about.
Andrea, he is so cute! I was just talking to my Grandma the other day about how I don't write something down the minute it happens because I think I'm going to remember it forever. Then tomorrow comes and I've pretty much forgotten it already! It's so sad.
And your family pictures are so cute! I love them.
This is me signing "more" for your posts! I love them! Jon David asks for "more" ALL the time. It's universal for "I like that, Mommy!" And when he does not get what he wants more of, he frantically signs "please" and sometimes says it at the same time. He does not understand why this does not always get him what he wants. Your writing is as good as your photography - EXCELLENT! Great family portrait. You guys look like such a nice family!
You are right. I started a list of cute things Austin was doing when he was two. I think after about two weeks I lost track of it. Dang. It's true you forget so quickly.
Post a Comment