He's Making a List...
How did it get to be 6 days before Christmas already? This month always flies by for me, and this year is no exception.
So, what have we been up to in the mad dash before the holiday? Well, Chris finished his last interview on Dec 3, and we have been trying to nail down our list since then. We make a list of our top choices, and the schools make a list of theirs, and a computer program called Match will, well, match them up. So on January 28, we will find out where we will be moving in June. I think our top choice right now is Charleston, SC, with Ohio State and Gainesville, FL next.
Evan has been cracking us up lately. He has such the personality and is full of opinions. If he doesn't want something, he will shake his hand in a shooing motion until you offer what he wants. At meal times, I often have to go through a long list before he hears something he wants. Then, he gives an enthusiastic "mmm hmmm"- his newest and arguably cutest word.
Evan has been a very good helper lately, and he loves to help me unload the dishwasher. He will get everything off the bottom rack, and then go over and start dragging a chair over so he can get the top rack too. I'll try to enjoy this while it lasts!
I love to see Evan interact with other kids. He loves to give hugs, although for some reason he does this by grabbing the recipient of the hug around the neck. It sort of looks like he is trying to choke them- but I am sure it is all for love! Speaking of love, Evan must be very fond of his friend Sienna, because he has started to say her name. If you ask him who is girlfriend is, he answers "Nenna, Nenna". (Okay, I might have helped him with this a little!)
I have been trying to get all the gifts purchased, do the laundry, clean the house and prepare for our drive to Colorado. On top of this, poor Deiter has been having some back trouble again, and after a trip to the vet, was put on 3 weeks of kennel rest, as well as a muscle relaxant and a steroid pill.
Despite the constant chaos, I really love this time of year. I love seeing Evan look at the Christmas tree with wonder. I love cuddling my boys under the covers. I love the little extra bit of magic that seems to be floating around. It makes it all worth it. 
(Notice how the ornaments start about halfway up? Ya, we have a toddler, that is for sure! He also likes to scratch his back on the tree. Where did he think of that?!)


11 comments:
I love the shot of him in front of the tree, too cute!!
I always love to hear all the stuff going on with Evan. He sure seems like such a fun little guy.
I hope you get to move to Charleston, not only b/c it is your top pick but b/c it is a little closer to me:-) We vacation in that general area several times a year.
The Christmas tree picture is amazing! Hope you have a fantastic holiday!
Cute pictures - as always. Good luck on your drive and have a merry Christmas!
Love that he calls Sienna his girlfriend! When we named her, we didn't know what we'd call her for short, but I think all these toddlers have decided for us. Nenna it is!
By the way, I LOVE your new blog look!
oh my gosh!! he is so big and so stinkin cute I cant even believe him :) Oh how i wish these two could play -- one of my best friends is in charleston sc so if you end up there im SO coming to visit!! my husband went to ohio state and boy is it a big part of our life!! haha... i cant believe how fast time is flying -- when did they get to be 18 months old?!? -- i wish jackson liked playdough -- he is freaked out by it?? weird kid right! keep posting these pictures girl -- we love seeing his face!! merry christmas... xoox
I say OSU!!!!
The tree shot is beautifu! I started cracking up when you said the ornaments started halfway up because ours look like that a few days after Ava's little incident!
Can I just say I loooooooooove your new blog layout!!!!!!!!!
Hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas holiday!
cute pictures Andrea-we hope you get your top pick!
Merry Christmas
Yeah! So glad to see a post! Love the new layout! The pics are wonderful. Hope you have a safe trip to and from Colorado!! Merry Christmas!!
Great post, great new look, LOVE the ornaments! That's a hoot!! Why not look at schools in NC??? :)
Happy New Year, Andrea! I miss your posts and hope that all is well! :)
I haven't stopped by in a while. Your blog looks great! Hope your holidays were awesome and your trip to Colorado was great too. Your tree looks amazing.
I am with Janice, OSU!!!
Post a Comment