Thursday, January 17, 2008

Madly

I don't know how this always seems to happen. I vow to keep the blog updated, and then, when life gets hectic, and I in all reality have the most to write about- I can never find the time. Truth be told, sometimes I get so far behind with the blogging, I sometimes feel too overwhelmed to catch up with it. But I am going to try!

We had a wonderful Christmas break back in Colorado. Weather delayed our trip by 2 days, but we had a blast once we got there. Evan was spoiled by all the family members, and Chris and I were spoiled by all the help! We even got to catch a movie together while we were there. Quite a treat considering the last time we went to a movie I was 6 months pregnant with Evan!

We drove home on New Years Eve day, and spent the rest of the week enjoying time together and relaxing. We were supposed to be cleaning the house- but to be honest- that didn't really happen! On January 3rd, we went to the Iowa caucus, and it was quite and experience. It sort of reminded me of voting for Homecoming royalty in High School- actually. You just wrote a name on a slip of paper and handed them to the middle. Wild!

We have spent the last weeks madly trying to get our house ready to go on the market. It is amazing how much junk, I mean,stuff you can accumulate in four years. It blows my mind. The best part of all of this is that packing should be much easier since we are doing all the sorting now. I look at something, and if I don't want to move with it 2 more times, it gets donated. We have made about 6 trips to Goodwill- so I am really being ruthless.

Evan. What can I say- I love that boy. Everyday he puts a smile on my face. He says "No" with such feeling. The attitude cracks me up. He has been learning all his body parts, and is particularly fond of his knees and toes. We have been trying to teach him to use his words instead of yelling if he wants something, so now instead of screaming, he just says "Momma, Momma, MOMMA" over and over at an increasingly urgent volume.

He also has been expanding his animal noise repertoire. He can now moo, baa, neigh, quack, and growl. He has been identifying boats on a regular basis too. His latest obsession is finding all the pictures of Mommy and Daddy in the house and pointing them out to me.

Today we went to the Children's Museum, and he found an exhibit that had baby dolls. After exclaiming "Bay-beee" with glee, he carried the doll with him to all the other exhibits. He even gave the baby a tractor ride and took it down the slide. He is such a lover.

We are counting down the days until the 28th, I will be sure to tell you all the big news as soon as we know!

These pictures are from Christmas- Evan was quite fond of the piano at my parents' house. My little maestro!



7 comments:

Jonathan's Mommy said...

I am SO jealous that you got to attend the Iowa caucus--that just sounds so interesting to me! I'm happy that you are back and hope to hear more from you soon! Looks like you guys had a great holiday!

Denise said...

You're back!! :) You have been missed. We, too, work on the "use your words please" and a lot of "I don't know what that means". The "that" is screaming. Well, Josiah is stirring - I must go. So happy to see you back!!

Jennifer said...

I am glad to be reading a post from you. I am glad you guys had a good Christmas and I love the pictures, Evan is so cute and just keeps getting so big.

Shana-Lynn said...

Love your pictures! Glad you're back!!

kendra said...

Life's pretty hectic now days, ehe? Sounds like you're enjoying it though. I'm glad.

Janice said...

I missed your posts. I know what you mean about trying to catch up on blogging, though.

That's awesome you got to go to the Iowa caucus - I've always wondered what it's like.

Glad you had a great holidau!

Kasey said...

Evan is such a cutie! I love those pics of him playing the piano.

Glad you had a great Christmas! I feel like I've hardly seen you and it was a month ago.