Friday, January 25, 2008

Doorman

Evan's newest skill is really going to keep me on my toes. Apparently tired of being shut out or shut in, the crafty little man has figured out how to open all the doors in our house. He especially likes to open the door to the pantry and pick out a snack, usually shutting the door behind him so I can't interfere with his complex selection process.

He has also figured out how to operate any door that has a handicap accessible button, and on Thursday, he proudly let himself out the door at the Children's Museum as I ran over to catch him. Tonight we went to Chipotle for dinner, and Chris was shocked when we walked out to the parking garage and Evan ran straight for the big button and opened the door for us.

Evan has also taken quite an interest in his baby doll. I got him one for Christmas because he always loves to play with the babies at Playgroup or the museum, and for awhile, he wasn't so interested. Now though, he carries the "beebee" with him everywhere- he even sleeps with him at night. He is very generous, and as you can see, shares his snack with beebee. I just hope beebee likes to eat upside down!




We have been doing a LOT of cleaning in preparation for selling our house, and poor Evan has been a little bored. We discovered that Fudgsicles and bubbles were both very good ways to entertain him!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the bubble pictures. And the messy face ones of course. I hope all the cleaning is almost done. Give Evan a kiss for me! Love you!

Jonathan's Mommy said...

Evan is looking so grown up! Love the pictures with the "beebee"! I am impressed with the door opening skills--Jonathan hasn't quite gotten it yet. From your stories, though, perhaps I should be grateful!