Thursday, February 14, 2008

Little things I {LOVE}

I am so blessed to have two very special Valentines this year. I love my husband and my son so much, and I want to celebrate the little things I love about both of them.


Little things I {LOVE} about Chris:

  1. He reads Evan as many stories as he wants before bed, even when this means reading "Are You My Mother?" 15 times in a row.

  2. He makes us pancakes or waffles every Saturday morning, and he even puts in extra chocolate chips just for me!

  3. When we watch a movie together, he gives me the best spot on the couch. And the extra blankets!

  4. He listens to every little thing that happened in my day and makes me feel so important.

  5. He calls me at lunch time everyday, just to say hello.

  6. He sings songs for Evan when he brushes his teeth.

  7. He never says no when I ask for a back or foot rub, even when I am not so good at giving them in return.

  8. He thanks me for raising our son.

  9. He always can put a smile on my face.

  10. He is the best dad to Evan. They have all sorts of little secret rituals that I can just tell Evan adores!

Little things I {LOVE} about Evan:

  1. Every night before his bath, he runs naked through the hall just to find me and give me a hug.

  2. He started bringing his baby doll to bed with him a week ago. It has now evolved into the baby doll, and two bears. If I forget to tuck them in with him, he says "beebee", "big bear", "beebee bear" until I get them. Then he reminds me to give them all a kiss too.

  3. He LOVES the mini-van on display at the mall. He could sit in it for hours, and he always cries when we have to leave.

  4. He is learning his colors, and is especially good at red and blue. At the children's museum, he walked around and pointed out all the blue things to me.

  5. He is very enthusiastic about turtles and fish.

  6. He LOVES babies, and never misses the chance to point one out.

  7. When I ask him something, if he agrees, he will say "Mmmhmmm"

  8. He loves bananas so much, we sometimes wonder if he is part monkey!

  9. The other day, he actually cleaned up all of his toys after playing with them. He put them all back in the right bins and stacked them along the wall.

  10. He loves tomato soup with basil sprinkled in it, and when the spoon wasn't working, he just went straight for the bowl:




Happy Valentine's Day! I hope your day is filled with little things you love!





6 comments:

Jonathan's Mommy said...

You are lucky to have such a great family! Happy belated v-day to you, too!

Jennifer said...

Awww, that was so sweet!! Hope you guys had a Happy V-Day!

Kasey said...

So cute! That is a great picture. He just looks so grown up. Time is going by WAY too quickly...

Janice said...

Happy belated Valentine's Day to you and yours, Andrea!!! I loved your post!

Wendy said...

very sweet. hope the music class goes better this next time. :)

Shana-Lynn said...

Happy Belated Valentine's Day. Your post is beautiful, you sure do have a couple of really special guys in your house!