Saturday, April 12, 2008

Snapshots

(click to enlarge!)

*Evan is learning how to whisper (thanks to Chris) and will often come over to me, cup my chin in his hands, and whisper in my ear "Wees-per". It melts my heart.

*At lunch at Panera, Evan spotted a pretty blonde, age 3, sitting at the booth across the way. He started to yell "girl! girl!" and waved and smiled. She waved back and he was smitten. As soon as I let him down from his highchair, he ran over to her and, in typical fashion, didn't say hi. He did say, "Bye-bye girl" as he walked away though!

*We went for dinner at Chili's and the children's menu has pictures of all the options. I showed Evan the pictures and asked what he wanted. He picked the Macaroni and Cheese, and refused to eat anything until "My's cheese" came.

*He insisted on taking his Mickey Mouse to the library with us today. He tucked him in his coat to keep him warm, and made him "ninner" at the kitchen area. When we got home, he wanted Mickey Mouse to have his diaper changed, just like him. He is such a caring little man.

*Every night at story time, he calls for the dogs to come sit on my lap with him. They sit one on each side, and he drapes his arms around them while read "Go, Dog, Go!", "Green Eggs and Ham", and his book about different things with wheels- always in that order. He then kisses each dog on the head and says, "Nigh-nigh dee-er, nigh-nigh Day-ee"

*We can't go for a car ride without a very enthusiastic search for big flags, orange buses, and green race cars. He also likes birds. After we pass any of these items and he has told me about them at least 10 times, he looks back and says "Bye-bye ______." The best is when he says "bye-bye birbees".

3 comments:

Kasey said...

Love the pictures and loving that you wrote all these cute things he does down! I always think I'll remember something cute my kids say forever and find even an hour later that I am struggling to remember it.

He is such a cutie!

Jonathan's Mommy said...

I like the coloring pictures! He looks very intent on his work!

Anonymous said...

Hi Andrea, Evan certainly is keeping you busy! He actually sounds just like your cousin, David, at that age. David would identify everything we passed in the car whether it was the "city bus" "Oo-nee-ver-sity of Poojit Sown," "work trucks"or "Alberness" (Alberton's grocery), saying each word until I would acknowledge him! Have fun! Love, Aunt Roz