Sunday, May 4, 2008

Bright wild wonder



Spring time always seems to be a hectic time for us. Last week Evan and I flew to Colorado where we spent a few days with the grandparents, and then my mom, Evan and I flew to Pheonix. I attended an incredibly inspiring photography workshop, and Evan enjoyed being spoiled by his Omi all day. It was a wonderful break, but then it was back home and back into the grind.

Laundry to be done, dishes in the sink, did I mention our house is still on the market? I easily let these things take up all my time and forget to spend a few moments each day doing things that bring me joy.

Evan never forgets. When you are almost 2- everything in life brings you joy. Evan's new loves are his red soccer ball, his watch, and his big boy bed (which is just his crib mattress on the floor- but he loves it.) When I tuck him in at night I whisper in his ear "good night", and he whispers "sleep tight" back in mine.

He drinks smoothies for breakfast, and wants to use his Mickey Mouse fork to eat everything. When it is time to go somewhere, he runs to the door and says "ready go- car ride". He got new shoes in Colorado, and not only do they make him look much older, but I swear they have made him faster and taller too.

Last night we went for a walk at Kent Park, and we stopped for a moment to capture some memories. Evan and I picked flowers. I wanted to get the tiny purple violets, and Evan went straight for the yellow dandelions. When you are 2, you don't see a weed- you see something bright and wild and wonderful.

I thank God daily for my own little bright, wild wonder- I don't know what I would do without him.

6 comments:

Jonathan's Mommy said...

Bryan and I joke that being two must be like an acid trip--everything is WOW, WOW!

Jonathan also thinks dandylions are the best! He picks handfulls and brings them to me as my "pesents". Two year old little boys are so sweet!

Denise said...

Great picture! Isn't that the truth - we let all this stuff and stress rob our God-given JOY. You are wise to step back and take it all in!

Shana-Lynn said...

What a sweet post. I hope your house sells soon for you.

Janice said...

Evan is a total sweetheart! I love how children at this age can find so much joy in the simplest things. Love the photo!

erinbee said...

Excellent post - and beautiful photo! How lucky is Evan to have a mommy like you?!

Paper + Ink Studio said...

i love this photo. good luck with the house!!