Monday, July 21, 2008

Fire!

Not a real one- only in Evan's imagination.

Today he put on his fireman's hat (which I really need to get a picture of) and started running around the house yelling "Fire, fire, fire, Mommy! Follow me! Rescue!"

I would ask him where the fire was, and he would say "Right there!" and point. Then we would pretend to squirt it with water. No less than 30 seconds later, a new fire would inevitabley break out in a another area of the house. We were busy firefighters.

I finally convinced him that firefighters needed to eat lunch to get energy to fight fires. So he went in to his playroom, walked to the play kitchen, and walked back to me, holding up his palms and announcing that he "made cakes".

It was a delicious cake, and he even went back to his fridge to pour me some imaginary milk to wash it down.

3 comments:

Jonathan's Mommy said...

Jonathan is lovin' some firefighting right now too! Must be a boy thing. I bet Evan is adorable in his hat! If you have a Costco near you, they have a super cute bright yellow rain jacket that is fireman themed for $12.99!

Janice said...

What an imagination!! How are you feeling by the way? I hope things are going well.

Shana-Lynn said...

Awww....what a cute story.