Sunday, July 13, 2008

This and That

He has been 2 for over a month now, and I still can't believe how grown-up he is. But he reminds me of it everyday. From the way he comes to our room after he wakes up, turns our light on, and tells us "need clothes- get up"; to the way he asks to watch "Disney Channel, downstairs" while he eats Fruit Loops and drinks blueberry smoothies which he tells me are "mmm- tase-tee!"

He makes jokes. He kisses my belly. He notices every little thing on a car ride. Today Chris asked him if he was a silly monkey. He said "No. I two, daddy". You are 2 buddy, and we love you.
________________________________________________________________

A few recent pictures so you can see what we have been up to:

Playing with Daddy's hat:



Chowing Corn-on-the-Cob (also declared, "mmm, tase-tee!"):


Checking out the zoo with Mommy (the only picture I got, since it turns out it is hard to wrangle a camera and a 2 year old with a pregnant belly!):



________________________________________________

When I get behind on my blogging, I often struggle to catch up. When something big happens, I rarely have time to post. And then when I get to sit down- I never know where to start. But I will get it done, I promise!

For now, I will tell you about our day today. It started getting to sleep-in until 8, thanks to the blankets I pinned up over Evan's window to keep his room dark longer. We all watched cartoons and ate or breakfast, and then Evan played while we unpacked boxes.

After that, we headed over to Easton Mall, where we ate lunch at California Pizza Kitchen (Evan just likes their fruit cup- which is full of grapes!), played in the splash fountain, and rode the trolley. The trolley ride was the highlight of Evan's day. He kept saying "ding-dong" over and over, and he waved and said hello to everyone as we drove past. When we got off, he thanked the driver. He is so polite!

We came home and had nap time, and then when we were all refreshed, we got on our swimsuits and headed over to the pool. Evan brought his blue rocket ship, and we spent over an hour tossing it back and forth, with Evan joyfully yelling "3,2,1- Blast-off!"

After a late dinner, Evan made Chris read him every story on his nightstand, and then drifted off to sleep in his big-boy bed.

So here I sit, blogging away- nothing too exciting, but a perfect Sunday in my opinion!

4 comments:

Meg said...

I love catching up through your blog and I love the photos of Evan. We do need some preggie belly pics though!

Jonathan's Mommy said...

Evan really does look grown up! I'm happy you have a new post and it sounds like you had a perfect Sunday!

Shana-Lynn said...

It does sound like a perfect Sunday. Sounds like you're learning your way around and everyone is settling in, that's great.

Lovely post and Evan is getting so big now, wow!

Janice said...

Evan's growing like a weed!!!!!!!!