Sunday, November 2, 2008

No Matter What

Tonight, after I tucked Evan in, I heard him call to me as I walked towards the door. "I need tell you something, Mommy."

I walked back to his bed, and said, "What is it, buddy?"

He reached over and turned his lamp on. Then he sat up and put his hand on my arm. This was important, I could tell. He looked at me with those sweet green eyes and said, "I love you so much, Mommy. No matter what."

My heart skipped a beat and I felt a lump in my throat. Who knew that those words could choke me up so much. I always tell Evan that we love him no matter what. That we love him when he is happy, and sad and mad, and that nothing he could do could ever make us stop loving him.

I want him to know what unconditional love is. To understand that the love we have for him is so great, and so powerful that nothing could ever stop it. And that he said those words to me, with such seriousness in his tiny toddler voice, I think the message is getting through.

4 comments:

Jonathan's Mommy said...

Evan seems like the sweetest little boy. It is amazing how such little voices can say things that completely melt your heart!

Roz said...

Way to go, Andrea! What an important thing to teach your kiddos!
Love, Aunt Roz

Kasey said...

He says the cutest things! And those pictures of the boys together are ADORABLE!

Janice said...

Even totally melts my heart!!! And of course Wes is a cutie, too!