Wiener Dog

One of Evan's favorite books, no matter what time of year it is, is a Halloween book called "The Hallo-Wiener".Thus, I wasn't too surprised when I asked him what he wanted his Halloween costume to be and he told be he wanted to be a "wiener dog hot dog". Thankfully, my mom had made a hot dog costume for my brother one Halloween, so I had some idea of how to make the costume. So, a few hours and a few yards of fabric later- I had a wiener dog hot-dog costume.
At the last minute, Evan decided he didn't want the ears that made him a dog, so he was just a hot dog. But he loved the costume, and was especially enthusiastic about his ketchup and mustard rick-rack.
He was able to wear the costume 3 different times- once at a retirement home that had a trick-or-treat parade, once at our MOMs club party, and of course on Halloween night for trick-or-treating. I think he put a smile on a lot of faces that night.
He was a very polite trick-or-treater, and almost without fail said thank-you for his candy without prompting. The one time we prompted him, "Evan, what do you say when someone gives you candy?", he loudly screamed "MORE!" His treat bag got so full that he could barely carry it, and he started to drag it on the ground. At that point, we headed home, and he ate a sucker before heading for bed- a very tired wiener dog!
A snapshot of Evan modeling his costume before I finished it!
A snapshot of the whole family! (Wes is under my apron in the BabyHawk)
6 comments:
Super cute! you're family is beautiful we miss you here...looks like a great time was had by all! Strong work on the costume.
Seriously that is the cutest idea for a costume!!!! Love love love it!
Halloween just wasn't the same here at our house without anyone dressing up for trick-or-treat. And we only had 4 kids come to our door! This just made my day to see my Grand Nephew as such a an adorable weiner dog. Please tell him he looked delish!
cute costume! I love it. What a cute idea to have wear the aprons. How did you make that without a pattern? So cute.
K, that is way too cute! I love it.
Cute costume! I love that you made it yourself! And I also love that you guys dressed up to match him!
Post a Comment