Two Months

My Dear Wesley James,
It is hard for me to believe that you are two months old already. It feels like just yesterday I was feeling you kick in my stomach, wondering what you would be like, wondering how our lives would change with you here. And yet here you are, already so much bigger than when you arrived. Smiling and cooing and stealing my heart without even trying.
You are so different from your brother. I guess I didn't really expect you to be the same, but I didn't expect you to be so different either. You are a very serious baby. Your lips are always tightly pursed, and your little brow wrinkles like you are deep in thought. I think you must be pondering social policy or something- you are an election year baby, after all.
You have recently started to reward me with the sweetest smiles. You will pop off after nursing and look up and me and just give me to biggest grins, often with tiny coos and grunts to let me know you are happy. You don't fall asleep while nursing as often as your brother did, but when you do, you practically purr with satisfaction.
Your little chest rises and falls in harmony with your satisfied noises, and all is right in my world, too. I stare at your tiny hands and feet and wonder how something so perfect came from me. Sometimes you smile in your sleep, and I wonder what you are dreaming about. Happy things I hope. Love, warmth, family.
You are so loved, and such a welcome member of this family. I worried about how your brother would react to you, but you should know that he loves you. He tells me all the time that you are his very best friend. If you are crying, he is the first to offer ideas of how to soothe you. I am sure you will fight, as brothers do, but know that he loves you with all his heart. I do too.
Love Forever,
Mommy
8 comments:
That is an incredible picture! You look beautiful and baby Wesley is so sweet!
I love your letters to your boys. They're wonderful.
so so sweet! He's adorable and you look great too!
Two months already?! I can't believe how fast time flies. Such a cute, cute picture!
Hey cute picture...can ou believe how time flys! hope you all are well!
this is beautiful! Two months have flown!
Hi Andrea, this is julia (andy schmidt's wife). I just had to tell you how much I love love love your photography. So lovely. We just bought a Canon Rebel XS and I am determined to figure out how to use the fancy manual stuff before we go to China. We have a blog too if you want to follow us on our journey to adopt Caleb in China. Send us your email and I'll send you our e-Christmas card. We are going cheap this year as far as cards go! julia.
Uhh, forgot to leave our address: ajkanschmidt {at} yahoo.com
Post a Comment