Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Because I've been hiding them...









I love these little boys. Each day I am more and more thankful for them. They bring so much joy to my life- and even on the days when I feel like I would give my right arm for a few minutes to myself, I wouldn't trade them for the world.

I feel like I have had no free time lately. I never get to do anything for myself, including keep up with my blog. But if that means I am giving all my time to Evan and Wes, then I guess it is okay.

Tonight I looked back through old pictures of Chris and I before Evan was born. It was fun to remember those carefree days, but it is funny because when I see a picture of us now and compare it- despite the fact that we are running on less sleep and much less time- we look happier now. We are healthier, more joyful, more appreciative.

I know I have said it before, and maybe it is cliche- but with all my heart I know that being a mom has made me a better person. I wouldn't trade that for all the free time in the world.

So if you are still here- thanks for keeping up with my little blog. Someday I will have time to keep up with it properly- but untill then- enjoy the faces of the two little men that are keeping me from the task!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That first picture of Evan is gorgeous! And Wes is getting so big!

No need for apologies - life getting in the way of interneting is never, ever a bad thing!!

Enjoy every second!

Kerri said...

I second what Kristen said! I feel the same way about my blog...2 entries in the last 2 months. Your boys are beautiful and lucky to have you!

Jonathan's Mommy said...

I don't care if you blog once every six months, I will still keep reading! Your boys are too precious!

Janice said...

Ditto what everyone has said - I will continue to read your blog no matter what. I love seeing your photos and the beautiful words that go along with them!

By the way, Wes is absolutely precious and Evan is getting BIG!!! Being a mom is a lot of work but it sure is worth it!

Kasey said...

What great pictures. I can't believe how big Evan is getting. They are both so cute!

kendra said...

I love the last picture of Wes. So cute!!

Denise said...

I'm still here! :) I love seeing your HANDSOME boys! I've been bad about updating mine too. I blame mine on Facebook (which, by the way, are you on?) Leave me a comment (it won't publish) on my blog if you want to be friends. :)

Great to see you still blogging!
denise

PS - baby #3 for us due 9/9/09!

Anonymous said...

Lovely. So hard to keep it all together, but so worth it.