By All Accounts, a Poopy Day
Let me just paint you a little picture of what I was doing at approximately 7:30 last evening, as that pretty much sums up my entire day. I walk in to Evan's room to get his towel for his bath, and step on something squishy. I look down and on the floor there is a completely ravaged dirty diaper that should have been in the trash.
The dogs are the obvious culprits here. The worst part was that it was a poopy diaper. So my floor was covered with disgusting bits of poopy smelling diaper crystals. I could have cried. But I didn't, because with the way my day was going, this was par for the course.
See, a few hours earlier, I was at the food co-op, doing the grocery shopping. I usually love the co-op. It smells like fresh-baked bread, the produce is beautiful, the people are friendly. Evan and I got our shopping done fairly quickly, and as we left the store, all was well.
Except that when I went out to our car, there was another car touching it. The person who parked opposite of me pulled right in to our front bumper. It didn't look too bad, but I called our insurance company and they recommended exchanging information, so I waited for the other driver to come out of the store.
This person could not have been more unpleasant if he tried. He first asked me if I was joking, and then tried to blame his lack of parking skills on me. He basically told me it was my fault, that I was overreacting, and then, on-top of that, he drove off without giving me any of his information.
After talking to Chris, we decided to report the incident to the police. This is more out of principal than anything else. I just don't think any decent person should act the way this man did, and I wanted him to know it was not okay. The Coralville police came to my house to take the report, and they were so nice about it. I have been nothing but impressed by the City of Coralville and its staff.
Since I had taken a picture of the license plate, they were able to track the guy down and talk to him. He was apparently a jerk to the police officer too, which didn't surprise me. The worst part is that he is now saying that I hit him, and is blaming it all on me. I just hate situations like this.
I hate when the victim is made to feel bad for speaking up. I hate that it seems like there are so many dishonest people in this world. I hate that I am now the one dealing with all this hassle because someone else was careless. And on top of that, I had to clean up chewed-up poopy diaper off the floor. It was not my day. That is for sure.
Funny thing is though, even with all that badness, last night as I was snuggled on the couch watching LOST with Evan sleeping peacefully in my arms and the dogs curled at my feet, I forgot all about that mean man and the poopy diaper. Because even when things are going wrong, Evan is a constant reminder of all that is right in this world. 
9 comments:
Oh, no, Andrea, I am so sorry to hear about your "Poopy" day! What a jerk that guy is! That makes me so mad just reading this. Someone hit our car in a parking lot last year and never wrote us a note or anything - just drove off. It's a good thing you were able to get a picture of the driver's license plate - and it's also a good thing the guy didn't get violent on you - you never know these days. Good for you for speaking up! I hope you get all this resolved. I think seeing Evan's picture makes for a better day :-).
It's truly amazing how many wrongs can be righted after cuddle time with your sweet baby! Nathan melts my heart and makes the day's worries ease away!
I hope your week gets better...it's gotta! You've got a birthday party to conduct :)
Oh, I am SO sorry that you had such an awful day! I completely feel you on the car thing! Since I bought my Civic in 2003, it has been hit 6 times while parked and only once did the person who hit it own up to it and pay for the damage. There are A LOT of jerks out there and I am happy that you reported it to the police, even if it became somewhate of a hassle!
You are completely right about children giving you a better perspective! I feel the same way about Jonathan after a long day and I wonder what I did to cheer up before I had him in my life!
I am so sorry about your bad day...what a jerk that guy is! Chloe always instantly improves my bad days; the other night I was in bed feeling sorry for myself and Dave brought chloe from the bath into our bed to cuddle and right away, everything was okay again :)
I hope your day is better today!
I am so sorry you had such a crappy day. I hate those kind of days. What a jerk. I hope you get it all worked out. I am glad Evan was able to make you feel all better. I love it how they can do that. He looks so cute in this picture.
Also meant to tell you, I hope you have a great weekend celebrating Evan's birthday!
Thank goodness for our kids!! They know how to bring smiles when we need them. I am so sorry about your bad day!! I came out of a store this winter to see that while I was in there, someone totally hit my car, and took off. No note, nothing..... just left me with $2,000 worth of damage that we can't afford to fix right now (still 4months later) because we have a $1,000 dedutible. I am still in awe that someone could feel okay about themselves as they drive off. so not right in any way. Don't worry. Things do not go unpunished. This guy will have his day!
Oh, that sucks, Andrea! I'm sorry you had such a crappy day! I hope the week ended up better and you got all that straightened out!!!
Evan = the best stuff. Jerky guy who hit YOUR car = bad. :( I just don't get people sometimes! What a super poopy day! Aren't you glad those days are only 24 hours and we can start again the next morning?? :)
Post a Comment