Do-Over
Today's interview question is:
If you had the chance to do-over high school, would you? Why or why not?
This is a tough question. My off-the-cuff response is "heck no!" There were a lot of things I liked about high school, but for the most part, I was glad to get out of the fish bowl.
But you know, in a way, I would like to go back, just to see what it would be like. I wasted a lot of time worrying about what other people thought of me, and not enough time just enjoying being young and carefree.
I would like to go back, for maybe a week. I miss cheerleading. I miss football games. I miss sleeping for 12 hours in a row! There are a lot more things I don't miss. The gossip, the popularity contests, the homework. I don't miss teen angst one bit.
It is so funny how much having a baby changes things. I just feel like my priorities are so different now. I think of what mattered to me in high school, or college, or even when it was just Chris and me, and it seems so trivial now. I find myself wondering just how I managed to care so much about my prom dress or what party to go to.
I think that the chapter of my life that was high school is best left closed. I can think of things I would change if I could do it again, but then I wouldn't be who I was today. I think it is nice to just look back and remember the good times, have a laugh, and move on!
For fun, I thought I'd share my senior picture:
6 comments:
Great answers! Ireally enjoyed reading thourgh this one! AND loved seeing your high school senior picture. I was thinking of posting mine, if I can even find it.... just do a random post on it! Thanks for sharing!!
I was reading your post and thinking that I'd love to see your high school photo. And for some reason, I was not able to view it. Ugh! I want to see it!!! I think I'd like to go back and re-do high school. I got super serious with a guy and basically spent 100% of my time with him. In hindsight, it was just so intense, way over my head at a young age. Anywho, I'm off to your next post. And, I hope you got some cute PJs today at babyGap!!!
I'm with you...I have no desire to go back to high school!
I love how you included your highschool picture on this post! I agree with you when it comes to doing over highschool. I'd like to get in touch with people I knew back then, but that's pretty much it. I am not going through my teen years again!
I would not want to high school again either! It was a lot of fun, but there was also a lot of "angst" as you put it that made it a really hard time, too. What an awesome idea to post your senior picture!
I love this! I agree with you on the high school do over. I don't think I would want to do it over either. I love how you included your high school picture!
Post a Comment