Wednesday, May 2, 2007

If Martha Stewart were...

Yay! I just got my interview questions from Wendy. She was interviewed by another blogger on her blog, and now she is interviewing me. She asked me five great questions, and I am going to tackle one a day, so you all can learn a little more about the woman behind the little man known as Evan!

Today's question is:

Complete the sentence, “If Martha Stewart were my next door neighbor…”

If Martha Stewart were my next door neighbor, I would be pretty excited. For one, that would mean that my current neighbors would be gone. And that would be a good thing. They have an affinity for cat statues and gazing balls that I just don't appreciate, and they yelled at me once because the dogs were barking. Then, they told Chris that we were "immature morons". Ugh, I am getting off track.

Anyway, after I celebrated that my new neighbor was WAY cooler than the last one, I would have to bake some cookies for Martha. From scratch, of course. I should probably also weave the basket to take them over to her in...No problem, I will just check one of my large stacks of Martha Stewart Living magazines.

Did I mention that I have a slight Martha Stewart obsession? I love her (scandal not included), and I think I was the only seventeen year old who read Teen Magazine and Martha Stewart Living. I also have every Martha Stewart wedding magazine, and I obsessively planned every detail of my wedding a la Martha.

So, if Martha Stewart lived next door, I would rejoice, bring her cookies, and hopefully get to watch her at work. Maybe she would come next door and organize my house, because, frankly, despite my best intentions, Evan really gets in the way of my inner-Martha Stewart's need to have a spotless house! Perhaps she'd have some tips on how to nurse a baby, cook a 5 course meal and iron Chris' dress shirts all at the same time. Because that folks, would also be a good thing!

7 comments:

Wendy said...

Yeah! You got some time!! One down, four to go!! IT would not be "a good thing" if Martha lived next door to me. I am afraid she would make my house look bad! I am sure her green thumb would so outshine my innate niche for killing all things green. BUT on the other hand, I don't do cooking, and maybe, just maybe she could help with that. And that my friend, would be a good thing!

Wendy said...

I had no idea about your secret Martha obesession! What a great question for you! :) Also, I am in LOVE with this picture- I love the special way babies can contort our faces, all while we try to smile. That picture is priceless.

Jonathan's Mommy said...

I LOVE some Martha, too, scandal and all! I think she completely rocks and I am happy to know that I am not the only married person who still enjoys the Martha wedding-edition magazines! I had her wedding planner for our wedding and I adored it! In fact, I still page through it every so often...

Alison said...

I love that picture of you and your cutie pie. I love their lack of respect for personal space :)

Janice said...

Everytime I'm at Barnes and Noble I still look through her wedding magazines even though I've been married for almost 7 years now. All her magazines are just so visually breathtaking and I often dream of being so crafty like her! If she lived next door to me I'd probably try to come over her house all the time and bug her about everything, but then she'd be forced to move away...

Jennifer said...

Oh, these are so fun! I love getting to know you guys! And this picture of you & Evan is just too cute!!

Denise said...

I have Martha aspirations as well though I fall far, far short. While I sort of pity her on a personal level (she seems lonely to me), I so want to be like her in terms of being a true domestic goddess. I think the trade of housewife is quite challenging and admirable. I love learning ways to do it better (even if I never get around to actually doing 99.9% of what I read).