Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Golden















Well, as promised, here are a few more pictures from the anniversary celebration! A highlight of the day for me was my Aunt Debbie singing a song for my grandparents. She wrote the music, and the words were written by my Great-Great Grandma on her 50th wedding anniversary. The pictures of my grandparents are their reactions to hearing the song. It was really very beautiful, and very meaningful, and I would love to get a recording of it somehow. A true heirloom.

A highlight of the day for Evan was playing with my cousin's Game Boy. Seriously- I have never seen him quite so happy! He was such a sport the whole 4 hours, and even made friends with a little 11 month old boy named Sam. They spent about 20 minutes passing a car back and forth, though I understand that Evan was a little more forward about it than Sam!

_________________________________________________

On a more serious note, I have a prayer request. I just got back from visiting Chris at school, and we ran in to one of his friends/classmates. His head was shaved, and we asked him about it. Turns out last week he lost hearing in his right ear, and when he went to the doctor about it he found out he has a brain tumor, and will be having brain surgery on Friday.

I could tell how scared and shocked he was. It was one of those moments where nothing I said was going to help, because what do you say about something like that?

The hospital here is very experienced in this surgery- they do at least 1-3 a week (this is a lot). But this guy is seriously awesome, has worked so hard, is the nicest person you could imagine. He does not deserve this.

I am scared for him, and upset that something like this can happen to anyone, let alone someone I know and like. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers this week. I don't want to post his name, but I know God will know who you are praying for.

4 comments:

Denise Travis said...

OH, Andrea! I prayed as soon as I read your post. I really can't even begin to imagine how frightening that is for the young man. And I know it's tough on you because it hit so close to home. I will be thinking of you.

Jonathan's Mommy said...

How sad! I will definitely keep him and you in my prayers!

I love the pictures from your grandparents' anniversary! That is so neat to have all of you there to share it!

Shana-Lynn said...

I am so sorry to hear about your friend. I will keep in him my prayers
as well.

The pictures are awesome as always!

Wendy said...

Im so sorry to hear! I will keep im in my prayers!! Please let us know how it goes!!
What incredible shots of your grandparents. I loved them. Family is sooo important, and it is neat that you embrace yours! I loved the photos!