Monday, September 1, 2008

"Ride My Bike"


For Evan's second birthday, Grandma and Grandpa got him his very own bike. Until recently, he has enjoyed riding it out on our patio in the backyard. One night Chris decided to let him ride his bike instead of sitting in his stroller for our evening walk. Now he is hooked. If we even mention a walk, he runs to get his helmet and says in a very serious voice "Ride my bike, Mommy".

He doesn't quite have the hang of the peddles, but he uses his feet to push himself along, and he always works up a sweat. He loves to ride all the way to the little park down the block. He never wants to take off his helmet to play, which might be a good thing considering his newest trick is going down the slide head-first!

8 comments:

Jonathan's Mommy said...

I love to see little toddlers in helmets! That is a really nice bike!!

Janice said...

What a great looking bike! That's so cool he likes to wear his helmet. If only I can get Cameron to get on a bike...

Kasey said...

How in the world did he get so big? He is adorable and of course, your photography skills are amazing!

Kerri said...

How fun...can he already be 2? How are you feeling? Love the pics.

kendra said...

I love his curls coming out of the helmet! Believe me if Austin could always have a helmet on I'd be a lot less worried half the time! I've been wanting to call you and whenever I get the chance I realize it's two hours later there and it's too late to call. I'd love to say hi and catch up a little.

Wendy said...

Gorgeous pics!! I LOVE the lion helmet! It is adorable!

Shana-Lynn said...

What a SWEET bike!! And helmet.

Natalie said...

Evan is so cute! Hope you are feeling well!